A Hug

I was walking down the road to my friend's house. The tar road was grey as the light of a soft moon. The sky was orange like fire, because of the sunset. The road was lined with trees as green as a jealous frog. For some reason that day I decided to turn right, when I did, I kept walking and found myself lost in an unfamiliar area not knowing what to do. The world seemed to stand still. I felt faint and dazed like I was dreaming. I stopped to look at my surroundings. A few cherry blossoms bowed down towards the pale pastel road. They were as pink as cotton candy or a pig dressed as a ballerina. The other trees had leafs some as brown as coffee beans, though some were yellow and some still green. The breeze rustled through the sighing trees, carrying away the falling leaves. The chirping birds and eagles scream made this whole journey seem like a curious dream. The glorious, stinging clear sun rays, made me feel like there was charcoal next to my face. The smell of the soupy and glue-like fresh mud proved to contrast the smell of the pink cherry blossom buds. My hope was like a delicate seed, wanting to sprout but uncertain of its needs. My tongue could taste something as salty as the sea, and I knew right then that I was thirsty. I walked a little further, and I could see some rocks as rough as sandpaper. I climbed up the rocks and when I reached the top I felt all my anxiety drop. I felt lighter than the breeze, cooler than ice and warmer than fire at the same time. I could see the sunset so high, ringing through my ears and stinging through my eyes. I felt the rays trying to wrap themselves around me, I stood on my toes and stretched my pale tiny hands up to the sky. That was when I heard my friend call out to me. I had not realised that I had come back on the right path and reached the road where my friend lives. I climbed down the mouldy rocks as careful as a spy. When she asked me what had happened, I replied with a smile. I was indeed very happy, I felt so free, I had just said yes when the universe wanted to hug me.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   .








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Prized Possession